White Chocolate Rice Krispies
My younger brother and I randomly stopped by at a local baking supplies outlet last Monday morning and I thought I’d make something. I didn’t even have any plan whatsoever of what I’d make. Ideas just pop into my head, based on the “inspiration” around me.
Here’s a simple no-brainer recipe.
- White chocolate
- Rice krispies (the puffy ones!)
- Wax paper cups
- If the chocolate is kinda hard, have it melt a bit first, in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave for a few seconds. But mine was kinda soft so there was no need to melt it. (Plus, if you had to melt it, you’d need to let it cool down which would defeat the purpose of a 15-minute dessert! It would also be messier!)
- Shave or chop some white chocolate so that it’s “workable” by hand and roll it into the rice krispies (rather, press rice krispies into the chocolate).
- Roll it into a ball and then coat it with rice krispies (again!) all over.
- Place the chocolate balls into little wax paper cups. I used 3/4″ ones but if you feel like making big ones, be my guest. But little balls are just right.
- Put it in the fridge for a bit so that it wouldn’t be soft to bite into.
As an option, I would recommend drizzling chocolate syrup on it or dusting it with cocoa powder or dipping it into melted bittersweet chocolate to balance the sweetness. I’m getting some over the weekend. I didn’t really know yet how it would turn out until we tried it, but my brothers said it was yummy but too sweet. My mom and sister loved it though.
This is the nth time I’ve tried to get back to blogging. I’ve been through hell and back and I still haven’t developed that foundation to keep me going (not really).
My excuse is the same—I didn’t have time.
Well, now, I’m going to make time for it. Who’s gonna stop me? 😛
I am not gonna live my life or spend my time according to how others demand it. Not entirely at least. I still have a 9:00 to 6:00 that gets me by from payday to payday.
So here’s the plan… among other things, I’m going to make this blog my to-do list for things that have nothing to do with work at all, and here are some things I want to do before this year ends:
- Prepare for a sort-of backpacking trip through Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand early next year. I realized a love for traveling when I first went out of the country in 2009. I am a late bloomer, you may say that, because (to put it bluntly) I am not as fortunate as some people who have the luxury of time and resources to travel as frequently as they want. But it’s never too late for anyone to start exploring places other than their own. I have had two cancelled trips (local ones, Ilocos and Cagayan de Oro) this year because of weather conditions and budget constraints, and there’s no way I’m going to cancel that trip. NO. WAY.
- Start making money from my art, and my sister’s too. If there’s anything stupid about that, it’s not starting soon enough. I have had a few freelance jobs since I graduated from college back in 2004 (okay, go ahead, you now have a ballpark figure of how “old” I really am); among them were logo, web, event invitation and business card design. I’m not sure why I shelved that extra buck-earning capabilities aside. Probably because “I didn’t have time.”
- Learn a foreign language, on my own for now.
Now, those aren’t really ambitious goals, are they? I have more than four months to work on it.
On second thought, here’s an ambitious one:
- Lose weight, no shit. That’s the most difficult one yet. But what the heck, I’m winging it.
This is a repost from my Tumblr, where I originally planned to blog from. I’m transferring back to WordPress since I’m getting spam as early as now. >:/