My younger brother and I randomly stopped by at a local baking supplies outlet last Monday morning and I thought I’d make something. I didn’t even have any plan whatsoever of what I’d make. Ideas just pop into my head, based on the “inspiration” around me.
Here’s a simple no-brainer recipe.
- White chocolate
- Rice krispies (the puffy ones!)
- Wax paper cups
- If the chocolate is kinda hard, have it melt a bit first, in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave for a few seconds. But mine was kinda soft so there was no need to melt it. (Plus, if you had to melt it, you’d need to let it cool down which would defeat the purpose of a 15-minute dessert! It would also be messier!)
- Shave or chop some white chocolate so that it’s “workable” by hand and roll it into the rice krispies (rather, press rice krispies into the chocolate).
- Roll it into a ball and then coat it with rice krispies (again!) all over.
- Place the chocolate balls into little wax paper cups. I used 3/4″ ones but if you feel like making big ones, be my guest. But little balls are just right.
- Put it in the fridge for a bit so that it wouldn’t be soft to bite into.
As an option, I would recommend drizzling chocolate syrup on it or dusting it with cocoa powder or dipping it into melted bittersweet chocolate to balance the sweetness. I’m getting some over the weekend. I didn’t really know yet how it would turn out until we tried it, but my brothers said it was yummy but too sweet. My mom and sister loved it though.